Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bricks, Walnut, Incandescent Light and Sputniks


Needs moar meatloaf


I found my copy at BookSale.. The original owner's notes and receipts were still inside

I like when I can't tell if a building is a house, a school or a factory




It must be something from my childhood, my fascination with non-mod/ non-hippie/ non-disco atmospheres from the 40's, 50's . I love brick and wood structures, super warm incandescent light (fortunately today made eco-friendly by way of LED), sputniky sculptures, natural stain walnut and molded plywood. I love our Burnham view apartment in Baguio, that old apartment building on 4th street near Mount Carmel in New Manila, and even the new Ateneo Campus in Rockwell. I love copper in the kitchen and rotation-dialing telephones. In short, I love Frank Lloyd Wright, Terence Conran and Charles and Ray Eames. Thats why I baked this moussaka.
Joey

No comments:

Post a Comment