Thursday, May 19, 2011

Balance

We are at the stage of house renovation that makes me a bit anxious. The wife has the rest of the house planned in a utopian Elle Decor-friendly style. Of course I contributed my ideas too, like the main door doorknob, and uh.. my drum room, and much more...

It's kitchen time. Mrs. me expressed her desire to let me make the style decisions for our kitchen, me being her chef. That's like the "Do these pants make my ass look big" question..

It goes without saying that i still have to keep it neat, yet I want this kitchen to have character. Hopefully the contractor we pick can be into it enough as not to just Sketchup some generic kitchen counters and cabinets..



Look at those sexy tiles!! Are they beveled???

To me this is not a mess..




















































How can i find balance?

Cook's Kitchen vs. Neat Freak Kitchen
Open Plan vs. Storage for Everything
Julia Child vs. BoConcept
James Beard vs. Ikea
fight vs. no fight

The balance lies somewhere.. closer to the right I think..

JH

No comments:

Post a Comment